New Horizon provides Outpatient Services to our non-residential clients throughout the valley. We encourage the development of healthy relationships and personal growth through group and individual treatment programs.
Our mentors and clinicians work closely with the clientís treatment teams, families and guardians to ensure they are receiving the most effective services for their needs.
Our Outpatient Services include, but are not limited to:
- Monthly Themed Activities and Groups
- Therapeutic Activities
- Peer Interaction & Socialization
- Emotion Management
- Independent Living Skills
- Healthy Relationships
- Communication Skills
- Parenting Skills
- Substance Abuse
- Academic Assistance
- INDEPENDENT LIVING SKILLS (and parenting skills if applicable)- Mentors provide opportunities for clients to work towards independence by identifying and developing skills utilized in daily living.
- EMPLOYMENT DEVELOPMENT-Necessary skills relative to obtaining and maintaining employment are taught and practiced within the program.
- HEALTH AND WELLNESS -A holistic approach to health and wellness is implemented within the program, as it promotes spiritual, social, physical, emotional, and mental health.
- SUBSTANCE ABUSE-This treatment component is designed to focus on sobriety, recovery and abstinence as a fulfilling and productive way of life.
- GED and EDUCATION Assistance-We work closely with clients to educate each young adult at their own pace in an effort to increase readiness to obtain their GED and/or complete their identified high school program.
Mentors communicate with guardians and other family members involved in clientís treatment program and educate them on treatment and treatment practices and include them when appropriate. Mentors encourage the development of healthy family relationships and communication.
New Horizon utilizes Cognitive Behavioral Therapy as the theoretical basis for our Masterís level clinicians facilitated counseling services. Clients are empowered to reach their personal goals and address barriers to their overall healthy functioning and ability to grow as individuals and families.
Mentors guide clients in developing a set of individualized life principles that lead to high levels of well-being and life satisfaction. Clients participate in a variety of activities and situations that allow them to explore their own personal interests and develop a sense of control and responsibility for their own wellness.
In addition to our Mentoring Services, specific areas of focus include, but are not limited to:
- Nutritional Education
- Physical Fitness